Akaroa Well-Being Eco-Safari Day Tour from Christchurch: Penguins + Alpacas nature safaris & farm tour option
- Duration: 10 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Akaroa (French Farm)
- Take time out to connect with nature and delight in a nature safari encompassing the wild penguins at Flea Bay. How peaceful is that! To complete your day, enjoy an end-of-day wine tasting (or non-alcoholic beverage) and afternoon platter at the special French Peak vineyard. Your journey to Akaroa takes in the stunning scenery of the rugged Banks Peninsula coastline and farmlands. Stopovers include the award winning Barrys Bay Cheese factory at Duvauchelle, and the quaint Little River Cafe & Gallery. You can also enjoy wandering around the French township of Akaroa.
- Wander through herds of grazing alpacas, marvelling at their exquisite fleece. Enjoy feeding the beautiful and mysterious alpacas whilst enjoying breath-taking views of Akaroa Harbour. Experience an interactive presentation by the people at Shamarra as you take the opportunity to handle and walk among these incredible animals. Afterwards, browse the Alpaca shop where an exclusive collection of luxurious dye free alpaca knitwear is available..
- To complete your day, enjoy an end-of-day wine tasting (or non-alcoholic beverage) and afternoon platter at the special French Peak vineyard.
During the day, you will have over two hours spare time to wander in and around the French-inspired Akaroa township and surrounds at your own pace.
Allow a total journey time of around 9-10 hours. Your tour is fully inclusive with provision of morning tea, an afternoon platter with wine tasting, hotel pick-up and drop off and road journey courtesy of an ultra-modern luxury mini-coach – not to mention hosting by an unbelievable tour guide!
(This well-being tour can also be tailored to include other additional experiences. Just go back and select available options to view).