New Zealand Farm & Scenic Day Tour from Christchurch
- Duration: 8 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Canterbury
Canterbury farmlands - a genuinely Kiwi experience in an amazing landscape!
Journey through the beautiful Canterbury Plains set against the remarkable mountain scenery of the southern alps. Enjoy the luxury & comfort of a top-of the range Mercedes Benz AWD bus. On your way to different farms (up to three) you will take in the wonder of this diverse landscape containing tussock, braided rivers, plateaus, hills & mountain lakes. An enormous variety of farm types in the region include horse studs, deer, cereal crops, poultry, orchards, vineyards, vegetables, forestry, pigs, & flower growing: but the juggernauts of sheep farming (mutton, wool) and cattle (dairy farming, beef) dominate. Fully inclusive price includes pick up from major Christchurch city hotels, scrumptious special lunch, morning & afternoon tea, luxury mini-coach travel incl. onboard WIFI & USB, & an entertaining / highly knowledgeable tour guide - a fully qualified agriculturalist who can relate all the agricultural facts, figures & history of this unique countryside!
Fully inclusive price (available for group bookings of 4 persons or more)
- Pick up from major Christchurch central city hotels - or hop on before departure outside Canterbury Museum, Central Christchurch (make your selection when booking - can be later amended)
- Scrumptious special lunch (catering for most dietary needs notified at time of booking)
- Morning and afternoon tea and refreshments
- Visit two, up to three different, genuine, working Canterbury farms
- Scenery stops along the way
- Luxury mini-coach travel at its best in a luxury 4WD Mercedes Benz: to and from destination
- Free WIFI and USB connection
- A lively, entertaining and highly knowledgeable tour guide who can relate all the agricultural facts, figures & history of this unique countryside!
- Possibility of live entertainment, e.g. traditional waiata, from your hosts (they need encouragement!)