Lord of the Rings High Country Station Pioneering Clydesdale Experience & Scenic Day Tour from Christchurch
- Duration: 10 Hours (approx.)
A truly unique experience in incredible surroundings. Clydesdale Horses Wagon Ride at a Canterbury high-country sheep station in "Lord of the Rings Middle Earth".
Along the way from Christchurch in our luxurious AWD Mercedes bus, travelling to your destination - Erewhon Station in New Zealand's high country - take in the truly breath-taking scenery from areas like Lake Clearwater, Mt Potts, and Mt Hutt. Incorporates sites from "Lord of the Rings" Edoras: the mythical capital city of the Rohan people. Eventually, prepare to be transported back in time by the nostalgic one to two-hour wagon ride, pulled by a team of Clydesdale horses into the spectacular New Zealand back-country highlands. Enjoy a comfortable ride on the sprung wagon with rubber tyres, and lounge-type seats.
Fully inclusive price includes:
- Pick up from major Christchurch central city hotels - or hop on before departure outside Canterbury Museum, Central Christchurch (make your selection when booking - can be later amended)
- Scrumptious special lunch (catering for most dietary needs notified at time of booking)
- Morning and afternoon tea and refreshments
- Wagon ride at "Erewhon" - a genuine high country working sheep and cattle station
- Scenery stops in "Middle Earth" (Lord of the Rings) along the way
- Luxury coach travel at its best in a 4WD Mercedes Benz: to and from destination
- A lively, entertaining and highly knowledgeable tour guide who can relate all the history, myths and legends!
- Free WIFI and USB connection
- Live entertainment, e.g. traditional waiata, from your hosts